- Posted by: havina
- Chuyên mục : Tuyển dụng
HAVINA Language Academy is seeking applications for the Academic Manager role in Hanoi and Vinh Phuc, Vietnam
Established in 2012, we currently operate 4 ESL training centres in Hanoi and Vinh Phuc. We offer a wide range of classes teaching English to Young Learners, Adults and Corporate clients.
The successful candidate will show a real passion for teaching and have significant experience in EFL with a strong background in teaching YL and adults. Excellent communication skills are essential, as are organizational, administrative and IT skills. Applicants with previous experience in a similar management role will be prioritized.
The Academic Manager is responsible for managing the teaching team and maintaining high academic standards through regular observations and teacher development workshops. The Academic Manager works closely with the Managing Director or Centre Manager to oversee all aspects of HAVINA’s programmes within the schools and is supported by other members of the academic management team.
- Observing teachers and giving feedback
- Organising and giving workshops and training for teachers
- Managing communication within the EFL department and between EFL and other departments
- Evaluation and reporting of targets
- Working closely with the EFL team for the recruitment of teachers and scheduling classes
- Identifying opportunities to develop, improve, and add value to the centre
- Responsible for the performance and development of EFL staff (teaching team, administrative staff, and teaching assistants)
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of marketing and student retention activities
- Working closely with the Senior Teacher / Academic coordinator at HAVINA centres
- Budget management
- Ongoing professional development
- An excellent range of resources and modern facilities
- The opportunity to work closely with a friendly and supportive team of locals and expatriates
- Academic and personal support within the role
- Competitive packages
- Native English speaker
- BA or MA (essential for Work Permit requirements)
- CELTA / Trinity TESOL or equivalent
- At least 3 years post qualification experience
- Previous training and mentoring experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Flexibility and cultural awareness
- Previous experience in a similar role
- DELTA / Trinity Diploma preferred - Experience working in Asia and / or a developing country preferred
- Salary: Competitive salary with contract completion bonus
- Medical insurance allowance
- 20 days paid annual leave + 11 national holidays paid per year.
- Visa and work permit support including covering costs
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Mr. Leo Nguyen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include a cover letter stating your interest for the post, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your BA / MA degrees, Teaching Certificates and valid Police Check. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application closing date: July 30th, 2016